For our immersive programs, preparing your laptop is one of the best ways to prepare for class. In order to arm you for success, below are our minimum requirement for your laptop. Given that you will need your laptop for class work and in the evenings for homework, you will need a laptop rather than a desktop. It is also recommended by our previous students that a mouse and mouse pad are valuable (though not required) as well.
If you have a Windows laptop, here is what you will need to be successful:
- At least 4 gigs of RAM (8 gigs or higher is highly suggested though)
- At least 250 gig of hard drive space
- Intel i5 or greater/ AMD a10-7800 or greater
- Windows Version 10 or newer
- Latest Firefox or Chrome web browser
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files and defragment your hard drives before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a Mac computer, here is what you will need to be successful:
- 2011 MacBooks or newer
- At least 250 gigs of hard drive space
- Latest MacOSx
- Latest Firefox or Chrome web browser (no Safari)
- You will also want to clean-off unneeded files before class to maximize your laptop performance during class.
If you have a question or concern about your laptop, feel free to reach out to email@example.com and one of our instructional staff members will help out!