Does three months sound like enough time to transform your life? When it comes to career certifications, the answer is yes. Earning a certification is a proven way to amplify your employability and earn higher wages. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 88% of high school graduates who hold only a certification (no college) are gainfully employed, compared to 55% who do not hold a certification.
Let’s review some of the best certifications for jobs in tech that you can earn quickly and use to start making money in a fulfilling career.
Quick Certifications that Pay Well in 2021
Tech jobs are among the highest-paying and fastest-growing in the economy today. Three-month certificate programs are a great way to prepare for an entry-level position in some of today’s hottest industries:
- Systems Security: With cyberattacks making headlines every week, employers across industries are seeking cybersecurity professionals to fill a serious and critical talent gap. Our expertly-designed cybersecurity curriculum can help you achieve several CompTIA certifications and get hands-on cyber security experience in just 14 weeks. The low-end starting salary for these roles is $64,000. Learn more about a 3-month cybersecurity certification.
- Coding and Cloud Engineering: Cloud engineers design, maintain, and support on-demand computing and software. Learning .NET development is the foundation of starting out in this lucrative and engaging career. Our 12-week curriculum helps you master web basics and beyond to build your portfolio and collaborate with cross-functional teams. The low-end starting salary for these roles is $63,000. Learn more about a three-month coding and software engineering certification.
- User Experience/User Interface: Web designers master the design and technical elements necessary to create and launch websites that will delight end users. This is a great career for those who want to get into tech but also use their creative side on a regular basis. Our eight-week course will immerse you in the front-end and back-end basis and get you hands-on experience with industry-leading tools. The low-end starting salary for these roles is $51,000. Learn more about a two-month user experience certification.
- IT Support: IT support professionals need to know a little about every facet of IT, so they can troubleshoot issues and advise their employers on best practices and strategy. Starting out in this role provides diverse opportunities for lifelong learning and career advancement. Our 14-week course helps you emerge with several certifications and the confidence to serve as an asset in the workplace. The low-end starting salary for these roles is $43,000. Learn more about a 3-month IT professional certification.
What is the Best Certification to Get a Job in Tech?
Across all these tech disciplines, CompTIA certification is widely recognized as an indicator of expertise and preparedness. These credentials are issued and certified by The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA). Here are some specific descriptions of a few of these certifications:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals: This certification covers a wide range of insights and skills that today’s employers are looking for.
- CompTIA A+: This certification demonstrates a command of technology across different operating systems and devices.
- CompTIA Network+: This certification identifies the holder as able to design, configure, manage, and troubleshoot both wired and wireless devices.
- CompTIA Security+: This certification represents the global benchmark for best practices in cybersecurity and operations.
These are the core CompTIA certifications that are covered in many of our courses. As you plan to grow your career, there are also more advanced CompTIA certifications that may align with your interests and goals for growth.
Access the Highest-Paying Certificate Jobs Via Eleven Fifty Academy
At Eleven Fifty Academy, our mission is to positively impact the life of each of our students and their families. This means we appreciate the importance of growing skills quickly and entering the workforce with the power to continue learning. We are constantly revisiting our curriculums to ensure we are providing students with an immersive learning experience that prepares them to get a job and succeed in that role. We believe that diversity, intention, and hard work are the foundation of success. Whether you want to skill up in your current career or launch a new one, we want to support you in achieving your goals. Explore our course offerings and sign up for a free introductory course to find the one that’s right for you.