Military families go wherever their service takes them. For military spouses of currently enlisted servicemen and women, that means finding reliable remote work or career opportunities that can keep up with a family on the move. Eleven Fifty Academy is dedicated to connecting veterans and their families to education and rewarding careers in technology, and that’s why we’ve compiled this ever-growing list of resources that can help them on their search for employment.
From organizations dedicated to serving military families, to resources provided by the government, to other exhaustive lists of great career support services, we hope military spouses will find the help they need on our list to take their next professional steps.
Military Family Career Support Organizations and Resources
- Hiring Our Heroes: A program of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Hiring Our Heroes hosts events and offers resources specifically for military spouses across the country.
- Freedom Learning Group: Founded by a veteran, this organization provides staffing to education, publishing, and corporate businesses with a growing network of military spouses and veterans.
- Small Business Administration: The SBA’s Office of Veterans Business Development is specialized in supporting veterans and their families with small business resources.
- National Military Spouse Network: NMSA is the country’s premiere networking, mentoring, and professional development network dedicated to helping migrant military families find fulfilling employment.
- National Military Family Association: This organization offers scholarships and career growth opportunities for military spouses and children.
- Blue Star Families: Blue Star Families offers resources specifically designed to increase career opportunity among military families on the move, like their Spouseforce network.
- The MilSpo Project: For entrepreneurial military spouses, the MilSpo Project is a fantastic networking group dedicated to helping business owners connect and grow together.
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership: This Department of Justice program connects military spouses with employers committed to hiring military families to fill their open positions.
Other Great Lists to Check
- Military.com – Where to Find Military Spouse Employment Resources
- MilitaryBenefits.info – Military Spouse Job Assistance & Education Resources
- MilitaryOneSource.mil – 10 Great Resources for Military Spouse Jobs
- CareerOneStop.com – Employment, education, and relocation resources just for military spouses
We believe remote work in tech offers an unprecedented opportunity for military families, and we are thankful for our partners and every organization on this list for their work in helping military families find the security and stability of good employment. Did we miss a resource or group that should be on this list? Please contact us and let us know—we’re always excited to grow our network of resources for military families!
If you’re interested in a new career in tech, don’t forget that bootcamps offer the most affordable and quickest education in coding, UX/UI design, or cybersecurity. Visit Eleven Fifty Academy’s resource page for military families, or speak with an admissions specialist today to discuss your options for a remote tech education.